dinsdag 7 juli 2009

See a secret, share a secret Part I

Oohw, I really like this blog. It's one of my favourites. Right now I was looking for just some examples and I found myself surving for hours reading the cards. And I couldn't just pick one. So the upcoming weeks I'll post some I really like.

Most probably everyone knows about Postsecret, but here's a little summary. It's an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. Select secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website and on the blog.

The postcards are very addictive, because they are so completely honest and right in your face. It makes you think about the people who made and send them en gives you a little inside of other peoples minds. If the secrets are true or not is up to you to decide, but it’s a perfect example of a great success.

I also found a blog of someone else who wrote about Postsecret: "While we're on the subject, let me just say that getting behind on your Postsecret RSS feed is not recommended. You might find youself reading four weeks' worth of secrets in one sitting, and that'll leave you mentally exhausted and emotionally spent. I feel like some part of me just got hit with a cement truck." I completely agree. It's addictive. Maybe I'll buy a book about it when I'm in NY (which now is only two nights of sleep away! AAH!)










Via Postsecret.

1 opmerking:

  1. Hey Hey, Ja ik ben zeker nog naar NERD geweest kreeg op het laats nog extra kaartjes dus kon er nog een vriendinnetje mee. Maar het was echt supervet. Cool dat je ook bent geweest. Trouwens ik las ook een tijdje elke zondag postsecret. Maar net zoals die ene blogger zei. Probeer ik dat niet meer te doen af en toe is het echt een beetje te veel al die geheimen :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen